It's day two of Barlean's Week at A Crafty Gourmet! I ate my pudding from yesterday for breakfast and it kept be full until lunch. It was really good! Don't forget that I'm having a big giveaway of all the Barlean's products I am showcasing. Please click here to enter the giveaway.
Today for dinner, I made a spaghetti squash side dish using Barlean's Flax Oil, which is the #1 selling flax oil and one of the top 10 selling best natural products. Their oil is incredibly yummy! It has a delicious nutty taste, which I really like in squash dishes.
Flax oil also have a many health benefits. Since it is rich in Omega-3's, it helps clean the circulatory system of cholesterol and fat deposits. Paul Pritchford writes in Healing with Whole Foods: "it helps to reduce clotting, lowers lipid levels in the blood, and helps prevent damage to the heart muscle in a heart attack." Additionally flax seeds help with sluggish digestion and clear out mucus in the digestive system. Personally, I like it for it's proven benefits for arthritis: it lubricates the joints and lessens stiffness and joint pain. I have been pain free for a few weeks now, and I've been consuming copicious amounts of Omega-3's from a variety of sources. I know it works.
As part of the giveaway, don't forget to comment about the recipe below for your chance to win the Barlean's prize pack.
Veal Chorizo with Broccoli Rabe & Nutty Spaghetti Squash
1 cup Strauss Pasture Raised Veal Chorizo
2 cups Frozen Broccoli Rabe
1/2 Medium Sized Spaghetti Squash
1 tsp Sunny Paris Spice
1 tsp Hickory Smoked Salt
2 tbsp Barlean's Flax Oil
1. Precook squash the night before. Cut in half, lengthwise, cook for 30 mins at 350 degrees
2. Heat pan and add veal and cook for 6-8 mins
3. Add Broccoli Rabe and mix
4. Cook until Broccoli Rabe is hot (about another 6-8 mins)
5. Scrape squash to remove strands and place spaghetti strands into a bowl
6. Add Barlean's Flax Oil, spices, and salt and mix well
7. Place spaghetti squash on plate and place veal with broccoli rabe on top