I knew nothing about Olive Leaf Extract until Barlean's sent me a bottle to try. I am definitely familiar with a variety of super foods like acai berry, maca root, and green tea but this was a new one. I love learning about new herbs and remedies so I started researching the benefits of this product.
What appealed to me about the Olive Leaf Extract is that it's been shown to boost the immune system's ability to fight off bugs and increase energy. The active ingredient
in
Olive Leaf Extract is called elenolic acid, which has been found
to have a powerful anti-bacterial effect. A study in the 1960's showed that elenolic acid it stopped the growth of every virus that it was tested
against.It's also a very strong anti-fungal. Which means that's its good for someone who is susceptible to toenail fungus, urinary and yeast infection. When Olive Leaf Extract was tested for possible side effects, the only side effect found was a reaction to the significant fungal die-off that happens. What I like about it most is its benefit for arthritic conditions. In fact, a study in 2010 showed that olive leaf extract is effective in reducing chronic pain.
Finally, Olive Leaf Extract is an amazing anti-oxidant, which helps protect again cancer by controlling free radicals in the body. Olive Leaf Extract has more antioxidants than vitamin C, green tea, acai berry and many other well known anti-oxidants. Recently many antioxidant juices have entered the market, like Noni juice, Mangosteen Juice, and Goji berry juice, but Olive Leaf Extract has 500% more antioxidant capacity than the best antioxidant juice on the market.
I am currently battling a cold, which turned into a respiratory
infection and is slowing transforming into a sinus or ear infection. I
feel pretty bad, but there is no rest for the wicked! So, I tried the liquid form, but it also comes in capsules (both are included in the prize pack). I have to say that it tastes like Dimetapp a little bit, but it's not unpleasant. The liquid tastes very sweet and has a dark gold color. If the taste is not appealing to you, the capsules are perfect. I'm hoping that I will be feeling the benefits in the upcoming weeks. I'll definitely report my findings.
In summary, here are the top 6 benefits of Olive Leaf Extract
1. Boosts Immune System
2. Increases Energy
3. Powerful Anti-Bacterial Effect
4. Strong Anti-Fungal
5. Reduces Pain
6. Helps Prevent Cancer by Controlling Free Radicals
If you want to try it, you can buy it at The Gourmet Boutique.
Don't forget to enter my Barlean's Giveaway! Click Here for Rules.
Hey, sorry to hear that you are battling a cold. I'd like to share with you what I did for myself when I was nursing Luca, but was very close to getting a sinus infection. So in order to avoid taking antibiotics I followed the following regimen for about a week. Every 2 hours sea salt water nose rinse, followed by NutriBiotic Nasal Spray, followed by Sinusin - both available at Rainbow. I alternated the two. It took about a week, but I did not have to take antibiotics.
ReplyDeleteI still find it incredible that you can fight off sickness/bugs with foods/vitamins found in nature. It used to be the only way and now the first thing that comes to mind is pills/antibiotics/doctors. Crazy. I'd love to give my immune system a boost and would totally love to try Barlean's leaf complex, since it's the best.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the information, most kind of you.
ReplyDelete