You may be asking yourself: Why would anyone want to put an animal testicle in their mouth? Well, I have 3 good reasons for you.
3 Reasons Why Eating Testicles Is Good For You!
1. They're an aphrodisiac!
According to an article in the New York Times, Louis XV fed them to Madame de Pompadour, to "warm her up". Raw oysters are supposed to be sexy, so why not cooked Lamb Oysters?
2. They contain vitamins and nutrients essential for reproductive health!
According to the Weston A. Price Foundation, though not much research has been done on testicles specifically, most offal contains: vitamins A, D and B6, zinc, and the fatty acids EPA and DHA.
3. They help cure cellulite!
Testicles contain high amounts of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. Hyaluronidase increases tissue permeability and could help against cellulite. 1
Because I'm adventurous with my food, these three reasons were enough to get me to try Lamb Oysters. I bought my Lamb Testicles from US Wellness Meats, an online vendor of grass fed meats that I love! My advice is to cook them just like sweetbreads. Testicles, like sweetbreads really do well with a crispy coat of something, either grain or a grain-free flour, which ever you prefer.
The Weston A. Price Foundation has several great recipes on their site for Lamb Oysters. You can find it here: ---> Lamb Oyster Recipes.
Preparing Lamb Oysters
1. Peel off the membrane and cook them in boiling water for 5-7 minutes.
| Photo Credit: Food Perestroika |
2. Afterwards, give them an ice bath for 10 minutes
3. Coat them with an beaten egg and then dip into flour or coating of your choice (spices, almond flour, coconut flour)
4. Fry until crispy
5. Enjoy!
| Photo Credit |


I have some sweetbreads from U.S Wellness in the freezer that I can't wait to try, but I didn't know they sold "lamb oysters"! We've had lamb kidneys and they were one of our most enjoyed offal meals. Glad I saw your post on FB, and FYI, I'm offended that people were offended! :D
ReplyDeleteI went to an event at the Exploratorium that served bull testicles and for the most part people were open to trying them. I personally liked them a lot, but have not looked at a source yet. Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteI am gathering the courage to do this! I have lamb balls in the freezer!
ReplyDeleteOMG, OUCH!! Think of all those pain receptors you're chewing on : { and be glad you have a vagina instead : )
ReplyDeleteSorry, that's my honest reaction.
It is shocking you fox didn't try this long ago. In Afghanistan we eat them almost every week. A lot of Male fox eat them and it is good for sex. Try cooking it just with some oil and garlic...fry it.
ReplyDelete