Nowadays I try to cook quick, simple and delicious meals. For dinner today, we indulged in a delicious dish with 4 ingredients: Potatoes, Bacon, Mushrooms, and Smoked Salt.
Several months ago, I had the pleasure of attending a book signing for Dianne Sanfilippo's Practical Paleo. During the question and answer session, I asked a question about potatoes which in her book, which I didn't realize were paleo. She said that she didn't believe that potatoes triggered cravings in people and that she didn't believe they were bad when enjoyed occasionally. Her expertise made me rethink my stance on potatoes.
Like the amazing superfood, quinoa, potatoes originated in the Andean region of South America. Potatoes are high in Vitamin C & Vitamin B6 (you're friend against morning sickness) as well as a variety of phytonutrients and photochemicals. If you have arthritis or chronic inflammation, I still believe that you should limit your consumption of nightshades, including potatoes. But if your okay with nightshades, then please enjoy this easy, gluten free, grain free recipe!
Smokey Roasted Potatoes with Wild Mushrooms & Bacon
Ingredients:
10 red potatoes
2 cups of wild mushrooms (I used chanterelles, hedgehogs, and black trumpets)
3/4 lbs of high quality bacon (I get mine from Olivier's Butchery)
1 tsp of The Spice House Smoked Salt
Process:
1. Wash and scrub potatoes and quarter them and place in a baking dish
2. Wash mushrooms and sprinkle them on top of potatoes
3. Sprinkle salt over mushrooms and potatoes
4. Place slices of bacon over mushrooms and potatoes, covering completely
5. Bake in oven at 400 for 30 mins, reduce to 250 and bake for another 75 minutes
6. Serve with an arugula salad
7. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment