For breakfast, I made the hubby and I some green juices.
Saturday Morning Juice
1 beet
2 carrots
1 celery
1/4 lemon
1 inch ginger knob
2 cups spinach
1 granny smith apple
I had my juice with my shake and felt full and satisfied until lunch. For lunch, I sauteed some Swiss chard with ginger. Swiss chard is another one of my favorite vegetables. Like most leafy greens, it contains tons of vitamin A,K, and C and is a great compliment to an anti-inflammatory diet.
Swiss Chard with Ginger
Ingredients:
1 bunch of Swiss Chard
2 tbsp ginger
1.5 tbsp of Ghee
1 tbsp Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
Celtic salt to taste
Process:
1. Melt oil in pan on medium heat and add ginger
2. Once ginger has browned, add cut up chard
3. Once the chard has softened and become a darker shade of green, add salt, remove and enjoy!
For dinner, I had another iteration of my leeks and greens recipe, but I made it smokey and spicy with some Spanish smoked paprika and cayenne pepper.
Smokey & Spicy Greens with Leeks
Ingredients:
1 bunch of Swiss Chard
1 leek
1.5 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tsp spanish smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
Celtic salt to taste
Process:
1. Heat oil and throw in sliced leeks
2. Add in paprika, cayenne, vinegar, and salt and saute
3. Add chard after leeks have softened
3. Saute for about 8-10 minutes and enjoy
I also paired a delicious juice with my dinner:
Tangy Green Diva
2 celery stalks
1 granny smith apple
1/4 lemon
1 inch ginger knob
While the day went very smoothly and I didn't feel hungry or tired, but I do have to say that the whole green vegetable thing is getting a bit old. I'm missing cooking with coconut milk and tamari sauce. I feel like I just keep eating the same thing over and over because there is only so much you can do with coconut oil, olive oil, ghee, salt, raw apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice. With day 4 I'm over the hump, I can see the finish line and I'm really looking forward to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment