Thursday, August 23, 2012

AND I'm DONE! 21-Day Detox over!: Stuffed Delicata Squash

So after 3 weeks, I'm glad to say that I'm done detoxing! I'm extremely proud and excited. The greatest thing is that I've been reminded about how I want to be eating. Being dairy, grain, and sugar free has really made me feel physically and mentally better than I have felt in a long time. I've also had a lot of fun coming up with new recipes to make eating at home interesting. In total, in the 6 weeks that I have not been eating dairy and grains, I have lost about 10 lbs. I know that I will gain and need to gain back most of them and as I reintroduce nuts and more meat into my diet. Like I mentioned prior to the start of the cleanse, I am not doing this to lose weight, nor do I feel like I need to lose weight. I'm perfectly okay with gaining the weight back. What I've lost is the bloat, the tiredness, and the fogginess. And that's enough for me.

Now that the cleanse is over, I'm not going to stop eating dairy-free, grain-free, and refined sugar-free. I'm really looking forward to sharing all of my recipes, including fun delicious deserts that won't make your blood sugar spike and crash. As a fan of eating out, I will also share my restaurant experiences, where I will be ordering gluten-free and dairy-free meals. For my last cleanse meal, I made a wonderful squash dish. It was super delicious and extremely satisfying:

Stuffed Delicata Squash
Ingredients:
1 bok choy
1 Delicata squash
1 celery stalk
1/2 tsp cardamon
1/2 tumeric
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cayenne pepper

Process:
1. Cut Delicata squash in half and remove seeds


2. Chop celery and bok choy

 3. Place in a bowl and mix with spices, salt, and oil


4. Spoon mixture in squash


5. Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes and leave in oven for 20 minutes with oven off

6. Serve with Kidney Stew
7. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cooking.com