Basic Bone Marrow Broth
Ingredients:1 lb grass-fed beef marrow bones
1tbsp Celtic Salt
2 bay leaves
1 leek stalk
5-10 peppercorns
3 in ginger root sliced lengthwise
1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
Process:
1. Set oven to 350, put bones on baking sheet covered with unbleached parchment paper
2. Roast bones for 20 minutes in oven
3. Remove bones and place in pot, fill with water and add remaining ingredients
4. Let stock boil, reduce to low heat
5. Simmer for at least 24 hours. I cooked mine from 12pm until 8am the following morning
While my stock was cooking, I also put another soup on for dinner. I made sure to include a variety of warming ingredients like leeks, ginger and lamb.
Spicy Lamb & Vegetable Soup
Ingredients:1/8 lb lamb stew meat
1/2 delicata squash
2 small leeks
1 celery stalk
2 small carrots
2 inch ginger
5-10 peppercorns
2-3 bay leavea
3 tsp Celtic Salt
Process:
1. Place all ingredients in a pot
2. Bring to boil
3. Simmer for 4-6 hours on low heat
4. Enjoy!
And finally, once dinner was cooking, I made myself some lunch! I bought over 1lb of lamb stew at my favorite butchery in San Francisco, Olivier's, so I've been using it all day to make up my 4 oz quota. For lunch, I sauteed a small piece of the meat with zucchini.
Greek Lamb & Zucchini
Ingredients: 1 tbsp Ghee
1 small piece of lamb stew (it's really mostly for flavor)
2 tsp Spice House Greek Islands Seasoning
2 tsp salt
3 small zucchini
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
Process:
1. Using peel, shave zucchini into noodle shaped strings
2. Heat ghee in pan, once hot, add lamb
3. Add spices and salt
3. Saute for 5 minutes
4. Add zucchini, saute for 10 minutes
5. Toss everything with lemon juice
6. Enjoy!
So finally what you've all been waiting for, the announcement of the winner of the Fabrikator's gloves! The winner is Irina Newbold! Please email me your address at Gaby@acraftygourmet.com and I will get them sent to you! Thank you to everyone who participated!
No comments:
Post a Comment