Friday, September 7, 2012

Simple Green Beans Side: A Twist on Green Beans Almondine

I get really excited about my weekly CSA box. I order the largest box to save me time from going grocery shopping on the weekend. This week's box came with a pleasant surprise: green beans!

I absolutely love green beans. I find them to be surprisingly sweet, and the crunchy texture (if you don't overcook them, which I can sometimes do) satisfies my occasional cravings for chips! Besides being yummy, green beans also good for you! According to traditional Chinese medicine, green beans have a whole lot of benefits. They are detoxifying for the liver, which when toxic can cause acne, anger, and back pain. They are a great source of anti-oxidants too! I'm a fan of the traditional Green Bean Almondine, but am allergic to almonds, so I came up with this recipe as a tasty substitute.

Green Beans Sunflowerdine
Ingredients:
1lb green beans
2 tbsp oil (I used sunflower oil, but you can use olive or coconut)
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp lemon juice (you can use less if you like as well)
2 tsp Celtic Salt

Process:
1. Throw beans in boiling water and cook until desired texture (I cooked for about 6 mins because I like mine crispy)
2. Mix beans, oil, lemon juice, and salt in a bowl
3. Serve with Baked Wild Salmon




Don't forget about the two contests I currently have going on!
Juil Sandals
The Spice House Gift Box

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cooking.com